Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Oscar Winner Predictions: Sound Editing


Sound Editing is that category. That one technical category in which I just can't decide what to predict. I could make a case for every single one of the nominees. If they love Argo as much as we think, why wouldn't they vote for it here? If they feel like awarding either Zero Dark Thirty or Django Unchained somewhere, they might as well do it here. Still, I think the showdown for the win will be between Life of Pi and Skyfall. 
Skyfall is the kind of action-packed movie that has wont this award in the past (The Bourne Ultimatum, The Dark Knight). It is by far the most well-loved James Bond movie in the Academy's history and it will at least win one award on sunday (original song for Adele). The love for Skyfall is there and it could show through int his category. But so could the love for Life of Pi, which with 11 nominations, is undoubtedly loved by the Academy. Ever since I first saw Life of Pi, without that much logic put into it besides that it sounded wonderfully, I thought it was going to win this award, and so, despite the rising love for Skyfall and the overall uncertainty of this category, I'll stick to that prediction. 

Will Win: Life of Pi

Should Win: From what I understand of what a sound editor's job is, I would say the best of this list is probably Life of Pi.  

No comments:

Post a Comment